View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 10:52 PM
Journeyman

rockNmayhem is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My Ford FW-60 Project

Round number two for the nightly updates.

I took some time this evening to make a new tool to start on my next project for the tractor. When you get ideas in your head and don't have the right tool, half the fun is figuring out a way to make a new tool to produce one little part. So here is what I spent a few hours making tonight.

Starting with a small piece of aluminum and making a shouldered bolt.

The bolt then screws into the piece of aluminum.

Once the bolt and aluminum are finished it is time to mount up the new work piece.

Now it the part where you may be asking yourself "what is he up to now"?

Well here is a pretty good hint of what is to come from this next picture.

It takes a bunch of small round discs and a few minutes a piece to start turning parts. Now once you have everything mounted up in the lathe and the wheels are turning it's time to start turning the parts. One by one the start to take shape. Here is a shot of a new part in front of a standard washer.

And now you have it, your mind is racing, "Is it a new hybrid, belt buckle, miniature frisbee........NO, I GOT IT, IT'S A FLUX CAPACITOR"!!!!!!!!

Well I hate to be the one to rain on the parade, but I unfortunately can't currently share my rendition of how to build a flux capacitor due to legalities.

But I will however tell you that you would be on the right track if you kept your mind towards ground breaking parts.

Tyler