View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 12:53 PM
Wannabe

Stuart is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Project!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Orme View Post
Stu;

Very good job on your engeering and maching.

I think that with 4 geared motors you will have more power than traction.

Thank you for posting your build.

Ken
Thanks Ken, yes your right the tyres loose grip before the motors stall, so thinking of adding more weight. Maybe in the wheels???
It weighs about 4kg at the mo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
You must be quite pleased seeing your hard work & great planning in motion. Well done Stu

Is the start up adjustable so it doesn't take so long? ...I like my stuff to start at the touch of a key.
Yes I love it when a plan comes together

All the sounds are adjustable on the pc, then you load them onto a micro sd card and put the card in the sound module.

It has 2 sounds for starting, a "cold start" & a "warm start" with an adjustable timer for how long to wait when stopped before reverting to the "cold start"

I must have it set for Artic conditions I need to do more tinkering with the sound files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Looks and works nice, Stu. Great job with the lights and with fitting all the necessary electronics in such a small space. I like the front speaker placement too. What are your thoughts on the wheel motors, now that you've had a chance to run them?
Thanks Nate, I'm pleased with the speaker as well, although it does loose a lot of volume when you close the bonnet, sorry, hood

May need to cut some slots in the grill to let the sound out???

The motors are great, maybe not as smooth starting as the modelcraft ones but seem to have good power and as I said above, the tyres loose traction before the motors are anywhere near stalling. For the money and the fact they are centered, I would recommend them.

Thanks for all the compliments, still more to come

Stu