Thread: ScaleArt truck
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 09:09 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: ScaleArt truck

Ahh, those Scale Art Man 8x8s are awesome. I'd love to see one on the forum! They really are functional works of art. Maybe someday I'll have one, but not for a really long time, if ever. Worth every penny though!

Anyway, if I'm not mistaken, they are 1/14 scale trucks. Perhaps a little smaller then a Tamiya, but not by much. Tamiya dimensions are a little generous, being undersized in some places, and oversized in others. Same with Wedico. Wedico seems to be more of a 1/15 scale truck, though they call them 1/16 scale. Scale Art axles are the same overall dimensions as Wedico axles, so the track width is roughly the same. That's all I can really tell you. You'll find a couple guys over on Scale 4x4 that have Scale Art trucks. Maybe find their threads, and ask there. I think Scale Art is a little on the rich side for most the members here. There is a video link here, somewhere, to a truck meet. I think it's the Central Plains section. One of the guys at the meet had a Scale Art truck. It's going to be hard to find that video!