View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 11:43 PM
Green Horn

WhiteWolf McBride is on a distinguished road
Default Re: clifford show roadway project

Civic,

I'll try to make it, but I probably won't know until the week before. The ups and downs of Crohns and all (*sigh*)

Whats it like for cheap accomodations down there? If I had to, I could sack out on an air-mattress in a pup-tent, long as weather is decent.

As for the roadway patching, why not cut the worst 4x8's into 4x2's, and use 'em as lap-joints under/between the 4x8's. Only thing there is that they wouldn't support the whole roadway being double-thick. Hence the 2x2 'frames' idea...

And if you had the funds and bought a load of the corrugated plastic in-bulk, you might get a discount. Worth asking. (I don't say 'we', as I don't consider myself a member until I show up and contribute) Benefit of the plastic is it won't warp with the moisture like the wood will. Hey, maybe use it as the underlayer? (just tossing more ideas...)

As for getting the plastic 'gratis' off-season, watch for local elections. Any-time after 20:00 on election night, on public property, the signs are fair game. I've got two 4x8's and a number of smaller pieces here in 'storage'. Getting them to Clifford on my roof would probably wreck 'em without some bracing ('06 Ford Focus Wagon)

If I come, and its done, I'll try to bring my 'bridge' that was started for my 1/16 tanks (at least one will be load on my Goldhofer, if its done (Canada Post says its in Customs now... Whee!) I'll also bring my cheapie Bruder one that I have. Just gotta get the beasts running... *sigh*

WhiteWolf