View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 01:13 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Claus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: HillBilly Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItalian View Post
i have the conventional truck from PMD i have i think more then 4000 $ in that truck plus 2 trailers,but at the and of a day u can't compare wedico with tamyia.

Thank you, I know what you mean about the cost. My first and main hobby is collecting 1/16 farm toys, I once had a King Hauler but the size difference between the tractors and it turned me off. I also liked all the aluminum of a Wedico but to tell the truth they are not worth the money. The only things left in my truck that are Wedico is the cab and sleeper, frame rails and wheels. So many of the parts have been custom built by vendors on this site, the drive train is all Scale Art, the transmission is Veroma and the motor and ESC is Tekin. I have spent a lot on parts that didn't even work out. It has been a learning experience that I don't care to do again even though I love my truck. Still need a trailer, rear fenders and deck plates, the spending is still not done. With all the aftermarket parts for a Tamiya now available you can really build a nice Tamiya, of coarse the money adds up there too.

I love customizing Ertl Precision tractors to go with my Wedico, one day hope to have a trailer to haul some of them around.