View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 03:36 AM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: dresser TD40B dozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
Hey Steve, in the video's, shot's of the LiuGong DresstaTD40E http://www.worldhighways.co/event-ne...video-preview/ http://www.worldhighways.co/event-ne...t-live-monday/ Kinda surpizing that Dresser turned in to Dressta, and now chinese owned. basically the same machine that I sat in 4 year's ago, **** of a view from the seat!
Cheer's, Neil.
It's a shame komatsu took them over completely back in the early 90's then went to drestta then the chi's got them none of our Dressers/IH 's have cummins in them (D/DT239) .

Quote:
Originally Posted by td9clyde View Post
now thats whatr i call a set of tracks!!!!!!! atleast someone is making them like the real thing i have been pondering on how to make those and the sprocket is awsome!!!!!!! takes alot of time to build but it will be worth it when your done for the detail factor keep up the great work
thanks Henry there are others doing a gret job , we all werk with what we have available to us . detail is great , but function is more important 1st . I've pondered back and forth on welding t-bar to offset links or milling them . well my eyes are getting worse and I got the vmc for production work ,so why not use it for my stuff to .

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelman View Post
Nice work steve-I'm guessing you have more ideas running thru that head of yours than you will ever get built. But that's great-Do it while you can!!
thanks Tom , yes I do but I'm trying to get done what I have started so I can enjoy them before the day comes I don't wake up .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanisle View Post
Those tracks look fantastic. Too bad they take so long to make.
thanks Reg , yea I know and I got others planed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkycuda View Post
Hey, Steve! Sprockets are top-notch. First ones' I've seen with proper tip configuration. Pads and rails looking great - did pads start life as a flat or T-bar? Keep up the good work!

Ken
thanks Ken , I kind of went off the track pitch and the dia of the spocket on the sales broshure , The tip config is very important to the functon of the tracks , too much u they stick too little they slip too square or pointy of a tip they catch . ever watch a worn out sprocket go from pointy tips to slipping in 8 Hrs

well I rethunk doing all at once tieing up the mill for days I'm just going to run a few at a time when the mill is at idle . got a loader to finish and others stuff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.