View Single Post
Old 11-21-2016, 11:13 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Guess I wasn't really paying much attention to details, I installed this toggle switch for an on/off from battery. I didn't look at the amp rateing of switch and cooked it!! Also found out that my gearing change is too much for the esc/motor to handle. Thought I cooked the esc but it is still working. Went back to original gearing but esc still runs hot. But I do have a much bigger sensor based esc that I'm swapping out to see if that will run cooler. When we were at the last show the truck took off instantly on its own and that may have had something to do with esc malfunctioning. Glad it wasn't pointed at anyone's trucks, it ran into a cardboard box against wall!!!

Also dismantled lift cylinders for inspection and found some scratches on cylinders. Dropped a size on the orings for second stage and re polished. Put back together and left side kept leaking. Right side was good so at least I was doing something correct . After cycling them a few times the leak stopped and they are working rather well. No excessive oil on cylinders and nothing leaking out!!

Today,,,, working on computer stuff, today I'm am the I.T. Guy,, even brought my best computer tools. Hammer, saw, and pliers!! Naaa, I went into the junk pile and am trying to find a fan that will act as a cooling fan behind grill.