View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 07:38 PM
Journeyman

rockNmayhem is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My Ford FW-60 Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christo View Post
Is this the 1/16th scale version your basing this build on. I really want to try this myself !

Cracking build, I think I know where to come for advice If I manage to get one
Sorry for the very late reply but I was skimming through my thread and going to post an update on it's progress and came across your questions.

This tractor is based off of the Ertl precision diecast model. All the running gear and everything else was retrofitted into the model with custom brackets and lots of patience. If you have any questions once you get one just shoot me a message and I'll see what I can do to help out.

Thankyou for the compliment by the way also and good luck on your build.

As for my update, I fried the speed controller after the St. Louis show from a power overload to the system so I decided it was time to dust this project off and get some parts I needed ordered for it. I will be running a Castle micro esc in it that I have in my semi along with my loader project and I love them since they are small and easily programable from the computer. I should hopefully have them here by the end of the week or monday next week it looks like so I can then start stripping this tractor apart again and get it back up and running. I also plan to see if I can tweak the steering any to get a tighter turning radius but that may be next to impossible with the fully locked differentials.

I hope to have some more pics and possibly a video up before long but seeing as this is in no rush right now I may take plenty of time to tear it down and give it a good cleaning before the April show here.

Tyler