View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 09:12 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hoarder Special!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
Nothing wrong with another dump truck.
I like the water tank in the dump box idea. A detachable tailgate, drop in water tank self contained with pump and spray jets. Just drop in, plug in and play.
And better yet, if you build a pond in the compound, you could draw water into the tank RC style!

All kidding aside, that truck would look great as a dump truck but I can see this becoming the 1/14th scale version in honour of your 850 complete with a scratch reg built lowboy behind it.. Or maybe a end dump trailer?
Yes it almost seems like a dump truck would be the most practical but I already have three. I really like building them though and they are all a little different looking I don't think an end dump trailer would be much good given the steepness of the terrain on my roads but I did kinda wanna keep the one I built for Alex and I could build a water tanker as well if I keep a fifth wheel on the truck. Too many options....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
Hey reg, if you want to bend the light lenses, if they are plastic,,, find or make a dome, ball bearing, ect the shape you want, metal, glass, marble, something that will take heat, put them in the oven for a bit. Place them in cold oven take up to temp until they lay down. Doesn't matter how fast the cool just how fast they heat up, sometimes plastics boil, internal air bubbles if heated too fast. I've made a few contoured windshields that way. Usually using acrilic or plexi, but plastics heat form easily.
Thanks RW, I will have to try that. I made a piece of aluminum with the curve I wanted but using a heat gun just curled the edges even when heating it inside a tube. After trying that I just gave up for now. I was thinking about the oven but was worried about it stinking up the house. I guess I should have taken that lightly used toaster oven I was offered a month ago and put it in my shop....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikem View Post
That truck reminds me of the old HO scale Ulrich truck my dad had on his rr when I was a kid , I drove it every where . It's a great truck . Mike
Sounds like that was fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Very Niceeeeee truck great job
Thank you sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatdeck View Post
Great build Reg. Shinny parts look right on that truck, will make a nice update rebuild of a old KW.....

Wayne...
Thanks Wayne. We'll see where it goes but I like them right now.