View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 02:04 AM
Green Horn

mpe is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MPE – 24M Motor Grader Build

Hey everyone - thanks for your good words. Of all the models that I had built over the years this one is the most difficult by far but is easily my all time favorite!

tc1cat -
The tires are designed by me and are solid core rubber. I cannot take credit for the process because I had paid $$$ to a shop to make them for me.
The plan is for full Hydraulics. Some I will machine myself and some I will have a shop do.

How many am I building? - One maybe two. Parts that are very complex and $$$ I had extras machined, just in case I want to build a few more.

pigeonfarmboy -
Why wait till spring. There is great FREE CAD software that has full function but with some limitation... after 60 parts you cannot save the assembly. I have been using the Pro version for many years and it is really easy to use once you understand the basics. Here is the link for anyone that wants to explore 3D computer design software:
http://www.ptc.com/products/creo-ele...eling-express/
Are you taking classes for SolidWorks? I also run Solidworks 2012... very powerful but way harder with complex designs.

pugs -
You are right about the 5 axis, not sure on what kind was used because I cannot take credit on the machining. Many of the front axle parts I had paid $$$ to have machined.

modelman -
I know how you feel - I had spent many hours standing where you stand! I'm soooo glad I do not have to do that anymore.