View Single Post
Old 11-03-2015, 05:04 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Default Re: S&M construction open for bizz nizz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelman View Post
Supermario-looks like you are planning a great event for next year. Should be fun!! I have a question. In this picture you posted on cooper's thread.

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/...psjvxgb1tm.jpg
Do they typically run the front tire pressure this low?
Actually Tom it's the tire chains that are a little on the loose side and they make it look like the tires are low. I took care of maintenance and repairs on the loader but tire chains were maintained by mine mechanics. There is a fine balance between chains to tight which wears them out faster or too loose which causes links to break and once a few go it's like dominoes and next thing you know there's a big hole in the chains.
One tire chain weighs over 15,000 lbs and costs about 40K but they save so much in tires. I worked there for 3 yrs, not one flat or worn out tire.
I'll never forget the very first day I went down in the pit to look at my first large tire chain loader. I was walking in about 3" of super fine crushed rock dust! Anywhere these machines drive just pulverize the rock. So then they water it for dust, which then turns it into slop....ahhh, I miss those days.