View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 08:47 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Oh s#£t!!!! It would have been really nice if they would have said the new esc's were only rated for 7.2 volts!!! Dammit!!!! Why would you sell a (upgrade) that you have to downgrade batteries?? I wired everything up and had the excavator up on a block to check direction of tracks. Plugged in 3s battery ,what she runs on, and wow!! They were like little race excavators!! I was really shocked to see how fast the tracks moved. I knew they said faster speed but it seemed too fast!! Started to smell that magical electric smell, and knew right away something wrong. Unhooked power checked (multi-meter) voltage and inspected everything. And the one esc fan was like a turbine, I figured I might have a bad esc right off the bat. Messed around some more and finally no motion!!! Looked up the esc on internet and then I found they are susposta be run on 7.2 volts!! 2s max!! Yup my 3s input cooked um!!! Guess I have another lesson to learn, no spec sheet= turn on the computer first and find out what you are dealing with!!!!! What a crock!! Oh well I would have had to switch them to 3s anyway. Yup, I just looked on the site to make sure I wasn't putting my foot in my mouth, excavator battery 3s, specs on esc from looking them up on internet, 2s lipo!!! Kinda pi$$ed!!