View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 10:57 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Mario, I'm not sure but,,, maybe someone els knowledgeable can chime in. To me it seems like some oil may be (or had been before leaks stopped) infiltrating into the trim pot inside the servos. The one I replaced had a clear malfunction visible on the circuit board. It was ever so bit charred on one of those little circuit thingies. And pot was also wet with some oil. The second one that failed (I took apart but not cleaned and tested yet) did not have any visible scored areas but trim pot was again wet with oil. I know the gears internally have grease but until I take a new one apart I can't compare on the viscosity or amount of grease, and if any is around the pot dial shaft. I don't think the little trim pots in these servos need or have any lube on them from factory. I may be wrong but to me it seems like grease or oil would compromise electrical contacts in them. Sooooooo,,,, that may have been my problem from the get go. But I still can't understand how the servo would back feed some sort of electrical signal into radio receiver. Kind of makes me double think about using the flysky radio system for any air use. But I only have micros and park flyers that we dog fight with a small ribbon on tails. Try to wreck them but it's hard!! One thing I have not looked at is to see if any leaks are around the rotary valves in the actual valve block. Gonna keep running her hard till ground freezes with efficient quick repairs until winter overhaul.