View Single Post
Old 11-28-2015, 04:53 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ScaleART - Assembling a MAN TGX/XL 6x6 tractor & Trailer

The fuel tank (which will hold the servo for the front axle differential) is up next.

A spacer is provided to take care of the narrowing of the frame.

The other tank support will to here.

The instructions indicated to install M2x8 bolts with the heads on the outside of the frame. Bit of a fiddle and as there were 4 M2x5 philips screws included with the package I ended up using those to install the supports. Easier that way.

I installed the fuel tank without the side covers for now. I tried the side covers for size and they were such a tight fit it was quite a hassle to get them back of. Also, since I am still waiting for the right front axle, I can't install the servo as of yet either. Will have to cut some holes in the tank to accommodate the bowden cable and the wiring of the servo.

A look at the inside of the tank:

And with the holder for the servos in place

The tank straps are clipped in place (and I messed up and installed them wrong way up as I found out later)

These 2 little bits are needed to attach the straps to the supports.

A bit of bending involved.

Tank strapped in.

Had a bit of trouble getting the strap to clip into the provided space.

Only after seeing these pictures I noticed why I had a bit of trouble ... Well will redo it tomorrow or so.

A nice touch is that the provided gas cap in not it plastic as I expected but is machined out of aluminium!

Last edited by Rakthi; 11-28-2015 at 04:56 AM.