View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 06:15 PM
Green Horn

Just_Build_It is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My first semi build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
I've been happy with the system. Plug n play, very reliable , but expensive compared to other systems out there. Another issue is only having one aux channel for the trailer. What I mean is, if you have a dump trailer you need that channel to run the dump box which means you can't run motorized legs also.
That's how my dump trailer is set up with manual legs. Once trailer is hooked up and dumping, who cares about the legs anyway.

The other nice thing about SS tronix is capacity. can handle 120 LEDs on trailer and another 120 on the truck.

...before I forget, SS Tronix system is designed to work with a MFU. If your going to use any other ESC set up, this system isn't right for your build.
Good info to have since I do want to get and/or build a dump trailer. I haven't really decided on a particular mfu or esc yet. I'm also thinking about getting a 9 channel radio for this truck and future trucks. Right now I'm running a cheapo hobbywing esc with only forward/reverse before I spend money on something that is programmable like a Holmes or a Tekin. So I want everything wireless so I don't have to touch my truck while operating it.