View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 05:26 AM
Wannabe

Azonic will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Metso Lokotrack LT120, Jaw Crusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainfarmer View Post
Nice project and great job! I´ve some worries if the excenter shaft will be strong enough...made of brass. A friend of mine built a chrusher years ago and had some trouble with teh shaft and bearings in the beginning. After changing ball into roller bearings it runs great...
But that was just an idea...keep on with your crisher. It looks great!
Thx,

Yes you might be right on the brass shaft, but on the first one I did some testing crushing real rocks and it did at least hold up for that, but this time I will use a larger beltdrive and flywheel and see how that goes, I can always turn a new shaft from steel if brass dont hold up.

I will try ball bearings for now, I had almost all of them on the shelf so we will see how they last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9W Monighan View Post
I'll have to get back to you for the throw on on the crank and better view of the jaws.
Bear in mind that my crusher is a real machine in the sense that it is commercially built. As far as I know ,these are used for testing small amounts of ore in a laboratory.
Here's a view of the jaws I took last summer.
Yes I see that its more heavy duty then mine, but this time around I might settle for just crushing softer material, but we will see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Great to see you're gonna have another go at Kalle

Has the Norwegian ever sent you any finished pics your old one?
Thanks Joe, as I had almost all material to make a new crusher box I had a hard time just leving it there on the shelf!

I have some pics, not finished though, talked to him yesterday and he had been busy with work so no time for building.