View Single Post
Old 03-12-2016, 01:13 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ScaleART - Assembling a MAN TGX/XL 6x6 tractor & Trailer

So after getting side tracked with the air tanks for a bit, back to the rear suspension. As mentioned already, the missing pieces were shipped and arrived safely.

So we start by assembling the leafs of the rear suspension.

Before we assemble them, I filed off the little nub that was left from the attachment point.

First we stack the leafs on the center bolt.

You can use two of the screws, that are used to attach other bits to the rear axles, in the big holes to make sure they are all aligned before tightening that nut.

Attach the bushing support to the leaf pack

Manual states to trim the screws (Left 2 done in this picture)

At this time I also run a 5mm dril bit through the bushing support to remove the coating. This makes it easier to install the bushing afterwards.

Next up is the suspension supports (same as for the air suspension)

I replace the M3x6 philips head screw with an allen head one. Easier to install (tip I got from German forum)

The assembly manual indicated to use the higher opening because this is a tractor truck ... might change that later because I intend to use this one more off road. Also I did not use grease on the bushing or Loctite on the screw. Have to come apart again to paint later. You can see that an allan key is easier to use than a philips screwdriver.

This is as far as I got this session.