View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 05:52 AM
Green Horn

Panther F is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Yearly RC show, Indiana - NEW INDY

I've decided to make it there regardless of how far completed the truck is (or how cold it is) even though I don't have all the parts I originally wanted on it. It'll be ready next time AND I think I'm also going to get a Tamiya semi kit too to have to work on the side. Maybe it will be ready this Spring. I like the beer delivery trucks I've be seeing on some older videos of downtown Indy... won't be much but it'll be a truck.

I do need to get out and mingle (especially in my own state) because it's been almost 5 years since my last tank meet in Danville and that's a 13 hour drive one way. I'm not crazy about tank battles (so that won't be missed) but more into seeing and learning plus just driving around.

It's a CROSS 6WD but not built to be a rock climber or thrasher... it will be a scale driver when it's finished.

An eBayer in China kinda dropped the ball on these wheels (plus some other important items) I wanted for this certain look but I can squeeze by I think. I found a more reputable dealer in the U.K. I can depend on who has all I need so, parts are ordered but not in time. I might bring a few more things just to have extras to play with that day but after the cold we've had here the past few days I need to get out of Dodge and meet some like minded people here in RC.

From the looks of all the videos I know I'll spend more time drooling than actually driving so I am psyched for sure!

Last edited by Panther F; 01-02-2018 at 06:07 AM.