Thread: Classy Shak
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 11:24 AM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Classy Shak

Howdy All!!

Well I got another box in the mail from our ace machinist Tc1cat (Lynn)

First I messed up in the measuring of my front bumper so when Lynn sent me my bumper it was perfectly made to my spec. However when my specs are crap, I had to send the bumper back to Lynn who did what had to be done to save the day... Now I got the bumper back and the hood opens perfectly... Thanks a bunch Lynn.

Now if you remember I built a working steering box, and had Lynn make me the Drag Link and Steering Arm. Both of which turned out perfect. Next I needed some u-joints. again Lynn to the rescue.

Lynn built me two u-joints for the steering column, one for the stering box to the column and the other to connect the two parts of the steering column together, so now if I wanted I could even have a working tilt/telescopic steering wheel... Don't think I will go quite that far, you guys would have me commented..

Any way I am waiting on one more necessary part before I can mount any of this, so in the mean time here are some pictures of the joints.

Again big thanks to Lynn..

Here is the u-joint on the steering gear box, along with the Pittman arm Lynn made me.

~Mike~