View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 10:57 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hayes HD Dump Truck - Take II

Thanks very much Lynn. I have a lot to learn with all of this but the brass seems fairly forgiving compared to working with aluminum all of the time. I think I would benefit from having a MAP gas torch so that I could heat things up quicker on larger objects? The torches I have seem to work well on most things though. I am enjoying working with the brass. I wish I had used some of it on my big KW but I also didn't have a lot of the tools that I have now back then. I guess that's called progress...

OK, so a few days have gone by and I've been working on this pretty much steady. When I'm not working on it, I'm thinking about it to the point where I'm losing sleep again. Oh well, I guess it's good to be excited about your work.lol

Anyway, it may not seem like I've accomplished much but a lot of the stuff has been fiddly and time consuming. I made a plate for under the hood and mounted the electronics, planned out where the wiring would go, took the plate out, drilled holes, routed wires, ect. I also made the air tanks although only one is mounted right now because I'm a bonehead and didn't take pictures of the brackets holding the others in place on the 1:1 truck. There are a few other details as well but no point in rambling on. I got started on the dump box today so I feel like I've seen the top of the mountain and have started down the other side! This box is going to be a challenge but they all are in same way or another...lol