View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 08:26 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

1985 kenworth is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Criticizing peoples builds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finster View Post
Cool! Now I have my next project planned out. A copy of Zeus! Totally kidding! Sorry couldn't resist!

But Seriously, I agree with ya 100%. I must admit that I am hesitant to post projects because some of the members here are so skilled. That is not a negative comment directed at any of other board members, it's my hang up because I wish my building skills were better. Also, I'm not around equipment or trucks like some who do it for a living so I just dread what might happen since I don't know standards, practices, like basic industry knowledge or stuff that comes from experience. Example: painting DOT numbers on a truck but having it pointed out that they are wrong for the class of truck or state or whatever, because I don't know what the system is. I've also put off projects because others on the board have done them and I don't want to appear that I am just coping other members work. I will do them someday probably but I feel I should try to put my own spin on them or at least a good bit of time between builds.

It's shame but there will always be people who will want to "compete" with you or try to tear you down if only to raise themselves up. Just gotta take the bad with the good, I guess or ignore them and concentrate on the good comments/people. Btw, I just want to say that I should comment more on peoples builds but I don't because I don't want to seem just like a cheerleader or that I'm trying to raise my post count. So if I haven't said 'good job' or 'nice', if I've read your post just know that I'm sure I thought something like that. To be honest I haven't seen a single bad build on this board or the garden when it was up...
Finster i get you man but really in all seriousness you should be posting and i have seen in some cases a certain truck or build be done by 3-4 different guys or gals and to be honest with you everyone interprets things differently therefore the build might be the same truck ,but built differently because you say tomato i say tomahto..lol and yes some of us are around trucks and equipment but that is another bonus for people on here..you get to ask first hand experienced people for advice on doing things you or anybody is not familiar with