View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 03:17 PM

GjtBob is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Criticizing peoples builds

Thank you for starting this thread 1985, it came at the EXACT time I needed to read/ hear these things, and the resulting replies, as I have been "stuck" with my trailer build. I had fallen into the, "I've gotta get this perfect or I'll come accross as an obvious newbie...", when all I really need to do, is build MY flatbed using the tools I have available, and the very limited knowledge I possess. I found myself trying to get results that the "masters" of the hobby get, when in fact I'm building my very first trailer.

I've posted pics of my Knight, and got nothing but positive replies, yet on my trailer work, I've been scared to post pics, because I didn't feel it worthy of showing. I now feel different, I know I'm doing the best I can, and in reality, my results thus far, look good to me, and since my eye is really the only one I should worry about pleasing, I'm going to keep moving on my build. I've learned lots, and have found many tips on this forum, and feel that it's ok to use the basic steps, but not copying any be specific build, I've come up with MY WAY of getting the desired result. Will my builds win a national award, doubtful, but that's not my intent. My intent is to build something I'm proud of, and something that gives ME pleasure.

I've read LOTS of threads, and replies here, and while I've seen many beautiful builds, not all of them are something I'd want, not because they're not beautiful works of art, but because they don't fit my particular style, but THATS what makes this hobby so great, we can all start with the exact same basic kits, and or parts, and each finish completely different builds.

I'm going back to my workbench, and I'm going to let my "fears" go, and I'm going to build the best trailer I can, and I'll do it to please me. So once again, THANK YOU for helping me get past my anxiety, and move forward with my build.