View Single Post
Old 10-18-2015, 06:27 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Default Re: How about more, detailed pics of your trailer builds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodrvr2006 View Post
Well I appreciate that. I'm a grumpy bastard too at times. I'm not here to learn how to build trailers to sell. First off, I don't have the time or nearly anywhere near the equipment I see a lot of you guys have to build these things. I don't have tig welders, slip rolls, metal brakes, cnc machines, etc... But the insinuation of me trolling to get info just blew my mind. As mentioned before, besides now getting into r/c semis, I also run crawlers, onroads, boats, and heli's. Every person on forums for those things will gladly go out of their way to post pics, give dimensions, and give you sites to where they got the raw materials...even the guys who make aftermarket parts to supplement their income. I ask for pics and details because I don't want to waste time or money buying things that won't work or styrene that's not the right thickness or the wrong type of tool for the job. It's all about promoting the hobby, not being all secretive about something you create. And by the way, without a patent, anyone can copy and reproduce anything that's out there. To really be an a s s, you can buy someone's trailer, reproduce it all and resell it for less than them and make a nice profit...just saying.
It is more of the section that you posted it that got the members worked up. Had you just posted in the general discussion for help finding build threads on trailers you would have gotten a better response. There are plenty of builds on the forum to learn from and you can ask for more pics and most will help you out no problems asked. But to start off by complaining did not go over well as you can see.

I will agree that there are not a lot of build threads on trailers as most just modify the stock trailers and often include it in the build of their trucks. Some do keep parts of their builds to themselves and leave you guessing but it just because it makes there build unique which will just make you work harder to figure out how it’s done.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11