View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 06:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: No Stock R/C Kenworths

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBailey View Post
Is the RC model industry, the commercial manufacturers of kits and parts, appealing to the American market even? Wouldn't most American RC scale modelers want quality scale model kits of full-size classic American vehicles on the road? I have no machining, welding or even painting skills. I still hate sloppy cosmetic workmanship. I will pay 300-500 dollars for a good paint job on a scale model done by a competent model painter.

It would be relatively cheap and easy for an RC model kit manufacturer to just cast all the scale Kenworth cab parts in plastic molds the way Testors, Revell and Monogram does. There are lots of static Kenworth assembled die-cast/plastic models out there as well as assembled plastic boxed kits on runners.

That there are so many Euro scale models and so few American ones suggests there is low American interest in scale RC trucks, period.
Is our current economy bad for this hobby in general?

I just emailed Tamiya begging for a Kenworth W900 kit.

I boils don't to licencing with the big truck makers it costs too much so we get what we get and build the rest. Buy a cab from True Scale Rc goose19 on shapeways they will have what you want.

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.