View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 07:15 PM
Apprentice

MoRockN is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MFZ Blocher 1/16 tractors and Implements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhhstix View Post
Looks good but I will warn you about the modelcraft motors they are what Stahl used in their equipment and they require an ESC with a big dead band as to not blow up the motors. If you don’t know dead band is the amount of 0 output between forward and reverse. Without dead band the motors will get just a slight bit of power which will heat up the capacitors inside and cause them to explode inside the can. These motors have 3 capacitors mounted to the com in between the windings and spin with the com. When they blow up it locks the motor solid. I bought extras for my dozer and loader after 3 had blown up. Now I have replaced the motors on the gearboxes with 380 crawler motors which gave me three advantages, no more blown motors, more speed, and more power than the original motor.
Good to know. I will keep that in mind, I'm planing on using servonaut ESC. Like I said I wasn't going to be picky, I took what I could get.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
If you got it, a Trucker brought it....