View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 07:17 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Hyd Pump - What did I just buy?

I finally got to where Joe left off Altough I haven't run a pressure test ather then through a cylinder trying to stop it with in my hand ( can't ) it will move .5 oz in secounds of atf ( all I have on hand right now ) . I'm using a johnson motor similar to the 1 liembach uses with a 4:1 reduction . I still need to do an amp draw test and true pressure . I'm thinking of testing it in my 990 loader . I just need to finish my valves and make my cylinders . I put 1 of these on 1 of the mag drive motos I have . Just not enough magnetic force to keep it going . Now these mag drives are on a smaller pump that seems to just have a drip flow . to back up a little , I think what Joe is considering a press. relief valve , is more a flow control valve . nother words , if totally open you get a drip flow when totally closed full flow ( I hope that makes sense ) . The smaller pumps lack this just a hole where it should be but when closeed up I loose the mag coupling instantly . I was wrong when I said the mag will not work in oil I just couldn't hear it working w/out my mechanical ears .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.