View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 05:07 AM
Wannabe

kingbob is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Movie Optimus Prime build

Thanks for the thoughts for Fred guys.
He really was my best friend and furkid. Had him cremated and got his ashes back yesterday.

He suffered a bit of seperation anxiety if i wasnt around, probably because he was a pound dog. He was lost, gets picked up by the ranger, goes to the pound, gets picked up by a rescue group, gets neutered, goes to a foster home, gets adopted, gets returned, gets adopted, gets returned, gets adopted, gets returned, gets adopted yet again, and gets returned yet again, then finally to me!
Apparently he was returned because he either made too much noise, dribbled too much, kept escaping, and at the last place, stole pizza and a freshly baked cake from the kitchen counter. His carer said she hoped the thievery didnt put me off, and i said any dog that escapes to steal pizza and cake, is my kinda dog! But after 4 failed adoptions and everything else, who can blame him for having some anxiety.

I had just under 5 happy years with him. He had four MAST cell tumors in that time (basically skin cancers), but i caught them all early, and all were removed with clear margins, so he beat them all. The last on his neck was only 9 weeks before all this happened. Thats how fast the thyroid cancer grew. The mass in his throat wasnt there when he had the last one removed. Even the vet said Fred was just stunningly unlucky to have 2 types of unrelated cancers at the same time.

But I have 5 years of memories with him, and his ashes have a spot on a shelf in the lounge now, so he can keep an eye out, and see what i'm up to.

Really miss that little fella, and not ashamed to admit i was a crying mess when i had to put him to sleep.