View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 09:18 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hayes HD dump truck...RCP's style

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDH429 View Post
Amazing work Reg, A true work of art. Looks great!
Thanks Jason, it's almost ready to have some paint thrown at it. That should be frustrating...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Great improvement on that rear suspension, Reg. Who needs shocks anyway? You could always machine a walking beam out of solid aluminum too, if you really wanted some serious load capacity.
I made some changes to it a couple of days ago. I raised the pivot point of the springs to lower the rear and made new mounts on the axles for the torque arms. This also reduced the travel but it still has a bit more than stock and definitely carries more weight. I made a set of walking beams a while back but they will be used in something else. I am thinking of making new frame rails for this as there are so many unused holes that it looks like Swiss cheese. I made a test piece last night and I was able to bend it without issues so that may be next on my list for this truck. There isn't much left that I plan to do now though. Air tanks, a new rear bumper, mount the mudflaps and spare. Then it's ready for the part I hate!

Reg