View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 10:49 AM
Green Horn

avel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: LR634 is HERE!!!!! Tracked loader

Cut down weight with a hacksaw.

I used brake fluid and applied it with a paper towel to areas I wanted to strip and came back around 20 minutes later and scraped the paint off with a credit card and toothbrush.

Fan hot glued in place. Carved out about 1/8" from each side panel so that it fit without any stress on the body.

Two 3S 8amp batteries in parallel. Weight is for the temporary brace that I glued down. Had to cut the sheet metal divider plate to move the batteries forward a bit to clear the fan in the back.

Testing. I had the fan running at 6v from a BEC that I could switch from the radio. I am going to try it out hooked directly up to the battery with the BEC activating it via a relay. I want to eventually have it run automatically when needed.

I also added one more track pad to each side. Downside was that it skipped when turning in place quickly. I used some styrene from the kit and glued it on the back of the tensioner thingy. Two are visible, and added another one inside on the other end of the spring, inside where it is not visible.

Now I am figuring out the cab and how I will attach it, I want it to be removable. Thinking of using more magnets for that. Also need to trim some wires and route them neater.

Waiting on my manometer so that I can see what I set my pressure too. Also thinking of ways to modify the teeth, maybe cover them with aluminum as they are wearing already.