View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 10:00 AM
Wannabe

JDH429 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Need explanation- electronics to operate screw drive

Dabears, thanks for the link. Im pretty familar with that thread as its what i find everytime i search for "gear drive". Its what explained to me how the mechanics work. great resource.

SPfan, Thanks for that lengthy explanation. So it makes sense now that you can run multiple esc to control multiple motors from one rx. I never thought that....So does this mean i need to run separate batteries as well? or can one be used with a Y to power both? I have not purchased a radio for this project yet so i can go either way. I guess a stick would be nice to control speed like you mentioned. The esc that Ric sells comes with actual physical limit switchs? or is this something internal in the esc? not sure if you have used one of these #295 before. Id like to know what others who have built their own screw drive have used..whats the preferred setup.

Oz, im unfamiliar with a dpdt switch. ill have to google that one. Thanks for the diagram. What is the function of the diodes? Thanks, this helps alot.

Im sure this type of work is common for the people who have the experience with RC and especially for the guys building complex machines such as mult axis construction vehicles. Takes a lot of engineering to plan such projects. My hats off to them. Its a new avenue for me so excuse my ignorance. I hope more will chime in to talk about their set up and why they like, or dislike. I did not find too much info on this area. Maybe this thread will help others later on who have the same questions.
Please keep this going, i can use more help as always.

Last edited by JDH429; 02-27-2013 at 10:02 AM.