View Single Post
Old 09-14-2015, 10:25 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Default Re: Rc4wd excavator valve question

The pump motor is just to fast on 12V so I run mine on 7.2V and as I have showed Izzy and a few others it digs just as well on 7.2V I do give up power to the tracks at the moment but I have a 4:1 gear reducted motor to put in it then I will go back up to 12V. The forth valve is a dump valve not PRV and since when it is open ther is no real load on the pump or motor. I have my pump set up on a 3 pos switch 0,50,100% it is mixed so you can run it from a dead stop but i usaly run the pump at 50% for no demand and upon demand it goes to 100%. As soon as you move any function the pump kicks up and the froth valve closes.

This is just how I have mine set up and it works good for me and I am happy with it. I think I will be even happier when I get the new pump motor installed.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11