View Single Post
Old 01-31-2015, 08:28 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hayes HD dump truck...RCP's style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
That's the best laugh I've had in awhile! I cost YOU 150 ?
We can bounce blame back and forth for as long as our wives need to hear it bud.
I think the sound is perfect for the Hayes! And congratulations on your first sound unit! Last time I checked your most modern sound unit you own probably cost 12.99 in 1980! but it's a real sweet sound and I still watch and listen to your Kenworth videos every now n then.
Yep it's definitely your fault Mario... I told my wife it was a test to see if it was good enough for the other Hayes I'm building. Her response was "Well why is it going in this one then? Shouldn't you just test it and then set it aside until the other truck is done?" Of course she said all of this with a smile on her face because she knows I have issues and can't help it.lol I will be ordering another one shortly!....for the other Hayes of course...
I think the sound is great too. I used two of the small speakers I bought and wired them ++ --. This brought the ohms down to just over 6 for the pair. Individually they were around 10ohms even though they are rated at 8. The KW sound unit thingy doesn't work as nicely as the electronic stuff but I can't get over how well it actually worked out for what it is. My main concern now with it is the possibility of wearing it out. Those mechanical parts rubbing on each other won't last forever and if I buy a new twist grip it may not sound the same! That one nailed the 12V71, the next one might sound like a Harley!