View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 03:20 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ScaleART - Assembling a MAN TGX/XL 6x6 tractor & Trailer

Hi Calum, thanks for the complement!

Spend today bolting most of the stuff back to the frame so I can get this thing moving again.

Painted the inside of the front fenders black - tried to tape it off for spray painting but that wasn't really practical. So just used a brush. Not that great a finish, but being mat black, will be barely visible anyway once the truck is finished.

Re-assembled the painted exhaust. Was of two minds to put the speaker in there, but in the end decided against it.

The board will have to go like this over the exhaust. If I do it over the fuel tank, there would be no access to the fill opening.

Rear fender supports back on

Plenty of Loctite on these. Also changed the provided philips head screws with these bolts. They are smaller at top and fit without hassle between the M1.6 bolt heads where the heavy duty rear is bolted to the frame

Moved the actual fender one bolt hole in compared to how I did it before.

Rear fenders and rear lights installed.

Air tanks support and air tanks installed

Mud flaps attached

And bolts cut as close to the nut as possible

Painted all the stainless steel screw heads matt black (as per a tip from Newcomer_2) and finally got the rear wheels back on.

And bolted a short M2 screw in the opening of the front differential to prevent muck from entering.

Next up the fifth wheel, cabin attachments front and back, motor/gearbox and then finally the servo for the front differential.

Last edited by Rakthi; 04-27-2016 at 03:24 AM.