View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 11:06 PM
Wannabe

up9018 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: King Hauler Rebuild, Stage 1

Quick update, no pictures but I am working on it. I did get the truck back to a roller state, but no steps or fuel tanks yet.

I replaced the front suspension with a TrueScale air ride kit (really nice). Plastic servo mounts were replaced with LESU alum. ones. Plastic rear suspension crossmember replaced with a LESU alum. one. Also replaced the stock rear suspension arms with LESU alum. ones.

Tore the transmission housing apart, better grease on the gears than the Tamiya stuff. (Using Lucas Oil Red "N" Tacky on everything.) Replaced the motor with a 55turn RC4WD motor. New transmission housing. Believe it or not, I left a thumb print in the old one painted with Krylon nearly 3 years ago. Don't know what went wrong, but it NEVER fully cured.

Decided to lock up one rear end. Problem arose when I found out I painted the hardware so it wouldn't come apart. So I ended up a week behind and ordered new housings and new hardware. Cut the old screws to seperate the housing and locked the center axle. Everything greased with the Lucas.

Now taking it back apart and priming the parts. Using Duplicolor Primer this time and it is already much better than the Krylon was. Plan on ordering fuel tank mounts this weekend, so I can drill the frame for those.

Getting there,
Chris