View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 09:45 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Skeeters contracting services

Between Friday, & Saturday's mail, I got a truck load of packages delivered me. Time for some pics! As we all know

As threatened, here's ALL the 3D printed parts for the ALL PLASTIC Bruder Mack conversion. One front tire has the bearing installed in it already.
20170909_165352 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

Here's the lucky candidate that's been selected for the conversion. The dump box on it is much LONGER then the other Mack conversion I've in the works.
20170909_173008 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

MAGOM HRC delivered me some parts for the D11. They DON'T offer ALL the parts for us self conversion types, but will throw us a bone.............................WELL, that's what I thought anyways! I ordered the Conversion hubs for the stock Bruder track sprockets. When I installed them, I noticed that I DON'T have a motor with a large enough shaft to fit them. Even the 4 or 5mm shafts of gear motors WON'T fill that hole.
20170908_205236 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

Here's a pic to show the gear motor shaft sixe, & the diameter of the motor mount hole in Mr Magom's mount.
20170908_205334 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

Luckily for me, I've learned to NEVER order only the parts I (THINK) need, but order back up plans with th em as well. So here's the back up plan. Magom aluminum D11 drive sprockets. They are suppose to mount to a continuous servo. All the servo adaptors I have (Sorry I forgot to snap pics of this part ) won't match up with the holes. That's alright, I think I may have found a work around, with my Polish Hilbilly Redneck engineering! It's only about 1mm each side that the holes are off. Rather then have holes in the servo adapter, I'll have slots. Simple as just dremmeling into the holes with cutoff saw to make them slots.
20170908_204124 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

Well, that's all the time I have for now. I've got to run to the brotyhers place, & hand off that release of interest...................BEFORE I missplace that d@m thing AGAIN.