View Single Post
Old 04-09-2017, 10:55 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Did you take a pic of new vs old sprockets together?

Was it the pitch that changed or the old sprockets worn that much?
Sorry joe I didn't really read your question,

Pitch was same, I think when I had dozer apart I placed the left sprocket on right side and vise versa. I know it doesn't matter but with the wear I think when the dozer backs up it is more prone to skipping. (Design geometry of high sprocket) and more wear from forward motion. Combined to enable them to skip quite a bit when it was backing up. That's what got my attention. At cabin fever it was skipping some but I just figured I had loaded some dirt in tracks. They were the original sprockets. They have seen three bushing replacements,( track pins worn out) and now a new set of tracks) so how many years she is, 3-4? And has pushed a lot of dirt. Road wheels had bushing replaced, along with new shafts, and small wheels were completely shot that I recently replaced them with steel ones. . I doubt it will happen (probably a new dozer first) but if I get the time and ambition I would like to make track links, link pins, and sprockets from steel. But now I should be good to go for anothe year or two. I imagine before long the motors are going to need replaced. They are worm reduction and only have one side of the final output shaft that has a bushing on it. Frankly I'm really surprised they are still going strong!! As I speak I am now thinking of ordering new ones,,,, Murphy's law!?!??!! Lol!!