View Single Post
Old 11-01-2014, 12:31 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Just cutting for threads on a new filter, I stuff holes with ear plug material so nothing gets inside.

And insides of old filter. A couple particles but pretty good.

Made up the new piece connecting track carriers to frame. Has very little torsion movement.

And after thinking about making all new track pins (and inspecting them) I decided to just keep them until failure. For 90% of them it looks as if the brass has worn and not the links. New pins will be make of stainless or steel. In the pics you can see the two wheel carrier pivot pins. I made a new location, down 1/8" and back 1/4". This will get the track more flat to surface and more force to front. When originally made I had the front and rear wheels slightly higher than middle, not intentionally, just a miscalculation. This new pin location also takes most of the play out of the stretched track and reapplies original tensioning locations. I don't know if you can see the track laying flat and up front it curves up some (front wheel is little higher-that's what new pin location in back solves)