View Single Post
Old 07-25-2015, 02:55 AM

TylerDSAudi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Progress Thread - 8750 Marion Dragline

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelman View Post
I find it a little strange that you decided to build the boom first, but it's your build and your rules. You said you were not going to build by a scale but I would suggest you re-think that. It doesn't have to be highly detailed to be a great model but if you pick a scale and use that for all your measurements then everything will be in proportion and the model will look realistic. How do you know what size to make the boom point sheaves? Just an example of how things get complicated without a scale. Looking at the house I would say you are building a large model. Maybe you should try to figure a scale from that and see how it goes. Good Luck

I didn't build the boom first, I built the house first and the boom second. I just didn't completely finish the whole house like tub ect.. Im building this model in two ways to figure out the size of it. One is going off how i feel size wise fits me and what i want to build to work for me. Second I'm going off pictures and documents to get other measurements to compare. Like i have said many times Im not building this model to be a perfect scale model, I'm building this for fun and to play with with a lot of function.

When it comes to the point sheaves I'm going to go off what looks realistic to the boom. My model is a very large scale the boom measures from tip to tip just over 4 ft. But i know what your talking about, I'm going to figure out a scale soon cause a lot of people want to know what scale it is and to build certain parts as well.

Thanks for the input please always give more is always welcome!