View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 02:14 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Hydraulic oil for models - what's in it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15-operator View Post
HI NATHAN
I HAVE THE UMC PUMP IN MY WEDICO DUMP I RUN 10W HYDROLIC FLUID
I HAVENT HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH IT. IM THE 1 WHO HAD CATERPILLAR
TEST THE LIEMBACH OIL AND THE 10W IS JUST A LITTLE HEAVIER. AND THE PUMP FITS INTO THE SMALLER WEDICO TANK I BELIEVE ITS 85MM LONG.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP97nmfQ2_I
Hi Vinny. Thanks for the information. That's really interesting about the oil. Always cool to hear research like this first hand. Glad you did the leg work with analyzing the oil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMER View Post
I first found those pumps and had a pressure gauge on one with ATF and it put out over 165 bl. I also ran some hydraulic oil I got from Harbor Freight and it slowed it down but it says in the paper work not to run them for long periods. They will fit in a fuel tank that were Brian has his. To tell you the truth I am not to impressed with it needs light oil and it all depends on how much you want to lift with it. Ed
Ed, that's good information also. Did you manage to do any lifting capacity tests? I wonder if ATF would work okay in the system. I don't see why not. Funny thing about running a pump long term. In an RC jet, they have to run for a while. As long as the turbine is running anyhow. We'd not need to run them long for dumping a load.