View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 01:14 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default AMC Pacer 1975-77

The guys in my little town just keep finding odd 1/16 scale cars they think need built to play with the 1/14 Tamiya semis...

How about a 1975-77 AMC Pacer

This one says it's a 1977 model. I can't find anything saying 75-77 had differences, 78-80 had the raised hood.

These were made in 2006/07 by MotorMax as part of their 'Fresh Cherries' line. It was available in this Red, or Silver, Blue, or Yellow.

It's a mild custom that has big&little tires, some rake to the suspension, and louvers on the back windows. The side window louvers are removable, and i'll probably do that later. Rear window louver is molded in. Being a true 1970s car it even has some big ol' ugly plate bumpers screwed to the chassis under the scale body bumpers to protect them.

They had also had made a 1/16 Ford Pinto, i forget if it had either a cowl hood or an engine poked through the hood.

I picked up the 4 colors of this car from an AMC collector, all still New In Box! Catch me at the Lebanon, IN meet if you'd like one. Silver, Yellow, Blue are unclaimed.
Red spoke louder to my wife, so let's build!

Drop the car off at the mechanic with some parts.
Chineseieum esc, Towerpro sg90 plastic gear servo, 2 ch rx, and a 4 cell nimh rx pack.

Little while later he backs it down off the ramps.