View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 04:50 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AMC Pacer 1975-77

I took it out for an outside shake down run, and it really wasn't handling the babyhead rocks (gravel on street and driveway) very well, it was getting bounced all over the place.

Figured it was time to yank the lower plate back off the steering and mess around. I first knocked 0.200" off the steering kingpin tubes, shaved the tierod bar ends and structure a little. Put it back together and dropped some clicky pen springs down the holes. Same ride height, little more compliant over the bumps.

From the text in the box behind the car

"1977 AMC Pacer
The pacer was designed by richard teague in 1971 and first produced by amc in 1975. Its
round design was ahead of its time. A total of slightly over 280,000 were made during its 6
model years. It was offered as a comfortable, economy small car with a lot of glass for great
visibility. Very few of these are still running, and the ones that do, are classified as collectables."

I have 3 more of these available, still new in box thanks to an AMC collector out in Arizona. I'd prefer to sell them at the Lebanon 1950s meet sept 13-14, otherwise it adds shipping
--
Silver is claimed.
I still have Blue and Yellow Pacers available

Last edited by frizzen; 09-06-2019 at 09:55 PM.