Thread: tamiya esc
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 04:40 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: tamiya esc

Instead of telling you what the best is, I'll just say buy the best that you can afford. We have no idea what your budget is, and that may play a very strong role in what ESCs you can consider.

Electronics should be viewed as an investment for these models. In other words, it pays to buy something better then average, as you can always re-use electronics and radio gear in new models, if you decide to sell one of the old models. I always keep my ESCs and radio gear. They are universal and required for each new model you might purchase in the future, so buy something good that will outlive your models or RC interests.

That said, what is your budget, and do you want something basic, or something with some bells and whistles? Servonaut is considered top notch, but you can also consider the Tamiya MFU, if you want some sound and light effects. Otherwise, if you just want a no frills ESC, consider Tekin or Novak. Beyond that, you can start looking at the cheaper options, like those from Traxxas, Tamiya, and others.