View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 08:44 PM
Green Horn

avel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: LR634 is HERE!!!!! Tracked loader

Yeah that would be fun. I picked up a Tonka dump truck at a garage sale two weeks ago and recently purchased a Craftsman EVOLV 3.6v drill/screwdriver and I have an old Radio Shack 1/10 scale rear wheel drive car/frame I could adapt to the Tonka truck. I might make something of it, I might not.

With the King hauler and flatbed trailer I could try turning the flatbed trailer into a bottom dump like Joe (Lil Giants) has. Only the dump doors would be controlled by a servo. For hauling around the LR 634 I would like to get the Bruder trailer.

I actually spent some time on RC4WD today adding things to my shopping cart, just undecided. Then I went on Ebay and saw SemiJoes triaxle pete and that awesome lowboy he has in the picture with it.

First thing I need is those darn Orings to see if running at 20bar is feasible. I haven't had the hydraulic cylinders back together yet so I am not sure if the Leimbach pump can even maintain 20bar with both valves/functions open. Only reason I tore it down this time is because a valve servo wasn't functioning. After I took it out it worked just fine.

I purchased different servo's this time and noticed that I tightened one too much and it was almost binding when operating the valve. Maybe that's why my last servo quit for awhile.

After I get it together this time I will put the temperature probe against the pump assembly and see what kind of temps I see. With the fan running straight from the battery I think it keeps the motors/pump running cool enough that running things at 20bar won't destroy things too fast.

I also want to program my radio so that I can quickly turn off the pump and open the valves to relieve pressure when I am done playing.