View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 01:52 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Lookin for YOUR opinion!

Post count? What's that? You know a long time ago I joined a forum called Clodtalk.com. It's still up and running, and it is a vbulletin to boot, as is this one too. They had the same issue, with people just trying to run up their post counts, and I am not sure how they did it, but the offical post count was retained, so members were allowed access to the B/S/T section, but yet the post count under their screeen name, displayed for all to see would show a random number. It was the greatest thing I ever saw on a forum! One guy might have 7,856 posts one day, and the next day it would read -205. LOL It kept everyone guessing, but if you actually took the time to pull the offical stats on a member, you could see what the real post count was.

Regardless, I agree, there should be a character requirement. Lately we all have been posting some one liners, but that's because a lot of the builds posted are one we have seen before on other forums, and we commented on them over there.

With time, you will truly see who is interested in the project because of the skills and techniques used to build it, and the comments they leave, vs. the guys just saying, 'nice build', so they can get the post count up.