Thread: Lipo bag
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 10:35 AM
Green Horn

rc13 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Lipo bag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efroeh View Post
I'm not sure what the manufacture reccomends with the bat safe box but I charge 2 batteries at a time with my i charger duo. The ammo box way a person needs to be careful as if you have the lid latched your basically made a bomb if the lipo explodes. I have 2 boxes so far and need to buy another. They seem to be well made. I hope they never have to do there job but if they do I know it won't burn my garage or house down.
Yes lid unlatched on the ammo boxes for storage. This will help for venting/pressure. As long as the batteries are in good shape, the batteries are in a storage mode, they cannot short out on the metal ammo box, and the lid is loose, I feel comfortable using the ammo boxes. But not 100% comfortable, especially because I had a fire.
So, we know most of us do not place our lipo batteries in storage mode when we are done using them. I do not either. I will place some of the batteries in the ammo boxes with a full charge or partial charge. Not to get a ton of opinions, because this topic could go on and on. But if there is a better solution for storing lipo batteries other than what is currently being done, let me know. I have seen many ways, watched many test videos, and I have read many opinions. So I maybe there isn't a perfect solution. Maybe I should just go back to NiMH.. LOL, no way....