View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 02:54 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Made this up so I could get precise 180 degree cuts, I had this collets and never use them, use r8 now. And don't want to switch to ER collets.

Soldered ends on temporarily to mill ends

Reusing the ball ends, saves a lot of work turning those little ends!!

Now on to the hard lines and trashing a lot of wrong bends!!! (Hopefully not but pretty sure). Some thing I've learned along way, I'm using stainless (forget the number ) but got the easy machinable stuff and wow it's like easy to cut!! Got new industrial (not hobby grade ) taps and cutting oil. It really makes a difference on this stainless. I always cringed when I had to work with stainless, work hardening and just tuff on my tooling. Now that I got correct stuff and tightened up the lathe it really isn't as difficult to work as I had experienced before. Yup I'm capable of learning!!! Lol!!! Now I have to drill and tap a bunch of 2-56 holes for the cylinder hardware. I use to use rotary table but for anyone fairly new to machining purchase a dro unit!! I don't know how I could do without!! Oh and took the time to get precise numbers on loading the seals and clearances on cylinder/rod. Have been exact down to .0005+\- on seals and .001+\- on length of cylinder/rods/pistons. So hopefully some long life before any leaks and not too much resistance on hydraulics.