View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 04:29 PM

Prop Shaft is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Capo 1:8 Jeep CD15823

The painting and priming continues. Its amazing how thin the Tamiya rattle cans go on. I think i have 7 coats before all the sanding marks disappear. Taking my time on the other pieces and sanding with finer grit before I lay down the paint.

Ive noticed quite a few small imperfections in the casting of the body pieces. Nothing a little filler cant fix. But the windshield housing... Yikes. It was rough.

Starting assembling the roll cage while paint was drying.

Once assembled. It became pretty clear there was a problem. The left and right side bars aren't bent to match. You can see the difference when i stand it up against the wall.

Then I had a pretty major boo boo... The cowl pice between the hood and windshield was pretty badly bent right out of the box. I tried to gently bend it back into shape, and it just snapped in two instantly... Pretty much zero give when it comes to cast aluminum.

On the plus side the fella I bought this from is supposed to be sending me new roll bars and the cowl piece. Bit of a life saver there. As i have no clue how i would go about repairing the cowling.