Thread: Age limit
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator

tc1cat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Age limit

There was one young man at Indy who drove anothers truck on Sat. that did a much better job of driving than a lot of the 'older' people. Granted he was driving someone elses truck but he knew how to drive the truck. He knew more about some of the trucks than I did. Why? He spent a lot of time on the forums! Age is no indication as to how a person drives. Practice is the only way to know how you should drive a truck- just like real ones. This young man also races r/c cars so he has had lots of practice at driving. While I do not like walking behind a truck, it is sometimes necessay when you can not see your truck due to building and other scenery on the layout. This was talked about after last years Indy meet and again before this year. Until we can make a layout that you can see your vehicle from any spot around the outside of the layout, there will always be someone walking behind their truck. When battling r/c tanks or racing r/c cars and trucks, you are not alloyed to walk behing your vehicle. While battling r/c tanks, you can move around the battlefield as there are blind spots but you can not get on the battlefield. You drive your r/c cars and trucks from a fixed postion while racing them.
One last point, Driving a truck fast is not a prerequisit for good driving. I agree with Chris on this point. Many of us stopped running our trucks when others decided to make the layout a race track. Way too much time, money and effort have gone into our trucks for them to be used as bumper cars.
OK my rant on this subject is over.

Lynn