Thread: Age limit
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 01:37 PM

Texasperry is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Age limit

Folks,
Age does not = Maturity as Maturity does not = skill. With regard to meets of any kind I think the meet organizers should set expectations. Things such as following your vehicle, speed, even equipment requirements. If this is done up front, attendees should know and respect the rules.

I think any Public meet has 2 functions. Gives hobbists a chance to play and to draw potential hobbyists to the hobby.
Nothing gets a person hooked like operating. Too many nay sayers may drive a person away. I think the expectations need to be relaxed a bit. Or, maybe set times for different skill sets. So less experience folks can drive without the threat of ***aging some of the fine models that are in attendance. Or better yet a place to drive away from the "layout" to prove your skills before operating on the layout.

I belonged to a Model railroad club a time back. You had to qualify and get your "engineers card" before you could operate on the layout. Yes there was even a written test. (not promoting this idea just shaeing an extreme one club went to)

Perry

Last edited by Texasperry; 09-26-2010 at 06:59 PM. Reason: add comment