View Single Post
Old 04-29-2016, 04:56 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ScaleART - Assembling a MAN TGX/XL 6x6 tractor & Trailer

Hi Prop, detailed it is. And slowly getting back together too.

So yesterday I re-attached the rear cab support which has to be at 90°.

Then got the servo for the fifth wheel in it's neutral setting.

Re-assembled the fifth wheel and bolted it in place.

After that I re-installed the engine/gearbox and propshafts, and today I finally did the servo that goes into the fuel tank.

The servo holder that goes into the tank is actually for 2 servos and the bigger tank, so will need to shorten it a bit. On the bottom right you can see that the holder has a "foot" - I was a bit worried that I would have to sort something out about that to keep things stable, but it all worked out in the end.

Bolted the servo onto the holder and inserted it into the fuel tank. Very very tight fit. The Hitec servos are just a bit thicker than the Robbe ones ...

View from the other side ... pressed a bit too hard and slightly bend the servo holder. No big deal, easy to straighten out again.

Realised that I better install the filler cap first because I had to drill out the hole to 5mm to fit the cap. Would have been awkward with servo etc in place.

Filler cap glued in place with super glue

Servo centered etc etc

The servo was a bit wobbly because of the 2 pieces of shoulder on the housing. Decided to file them off so the servo would be more stable.

Servo horn drilled to 2mm to take the cable clamp

Continued ...